5 Reasons why using Pinterest for business will be one of your best content marketing decisions this year
Social media is a great way to share articles, information, and insights, but what happens in a day or two when those posts get drowned out by the latest news story or status update? Luckily, Pinterest is the one social media platform that provides the benefits of both social networking, and keeping your posts circling the social globosphere in an evergreen way. Pinterest isn’t just for bloggers and dreamers anymore, it’s a real tool that every business should be utilizing for their content marketing strategy.
5 reasons Pinterest for business will be your best content marketing decision this year:
- It converts and drives traffic. Not only is does Pinterest seamlessly integrate with your website, Twitter, and Facebook accounts, but the platform also drives massive amounts of traffic to your business pages by converting fans and re-pinners into readers, and eventually, customers. According to Millward Brown, 87% of Pinterest users have made a purchase because of something they previously pinned.
- Free marketing that lasts a “lifetime.” The half-life of a of a pin is three and a half months, which is a lifetime in comparison to Facebook and Twitter. In terms of social networking, pins on Pinterest last about 1,600 times longer than those on Facebook, according to WebpageFX. Not to mention, the marketing is free from the people that love you most, your fans. Comparable to a testimonial, affiliate, or online word-of-mouth, Pinterest has true power in referral marketing.
- The Tracking and Analytics are Phenomenal. Pinterest for Business has an entire separate website dedicated to making the social platform a powerhouse for your advertising and marketing. Learn what people enjoy about your profile, what they are pinning from your boards and pins, and even how your website traffic increases by adding the “pin it” button. Also get great insight on your target audience and learn about their interests and the other businesses they are pinning.
- Great for SEO. We won’t hammer down too much on the benefits that Pinterest has on your SEO, but to sum it up for you, re-pins create an abundance of inbound links (read: a third-party website linking to your website). The more backlinks you have to your website, the more search engines see that you are legitimate and the higher you rank in search results. Take our word for it that this is an SEO-ers dream.
- Easy market research. What better way to understand what your target audience is looking for than to check out what they are repinning? Through Pinterest, you can search your keywords and product focus, understand the top posts that receive repins, and use the analytics, as mentioned above, to dive into the market research and create a more addictive brand than you have ever had before.
Of course, all social platforms have their individual strengths and added benefits. At Yakkety Yak, we believe it’s important to have an all-encompassing social reach, but we also understand that it can be difficult to keep track of and be a little overwhelming to get in place. In the instance that your business could use assistance with social media needs, including using Pinterest for business, feel free to contact us. We love taking the posting out of your hands so you can focus on what you do best.