Do you love bringing beautiful ideas to life? Are you a stickler for the details who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Are you inspired to solve problems and help companies grow? If so, then you could be exactly who we’re looking for.
As a Yakkety Yak Web Developer, you will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development for client website projects. You have a strong understanding of the WordPress ecosystem, the latest industry trends, and content management systems, and you are always looking for the next big idea. We don’t have all the answers and we don’t expect you too, either. We do expect that you’ll show up ready to take initiative, self-educate, and have some fun along the way.
- Design and implement new features and functionality working primarily in WordPress and SquareSpace
- Work closely with our creative team and clients to establish and guide the website’s architecture
- Ensure high-performance and availability, and manage all technical aspects of the CMS
- Help formulate an effective, responsive design and turn it into a working theme and plugin using existing framework
- Lean on senior development team
- Handle technical updates and basic maintenance of multiple client websites using existing framework
- Contribute to other minor coding projects including newsletter format and HubSpot and Pardot landing page development
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience building user interfaces for responsive design websites and web applications
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Understanding of CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of interactions with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Working knowledge of domain and hosting setup
- Willingness to learn programs such as Pardot and HubSpot