Yakkety Yak is one of Chicago’s fastest-growing Digital Marketing Agencies, and we’re looking for an outgoing, experienced and creative content enthusiast to join our team as Marketing Coordinator. We are offering the right candidate the chance to work for a dynamic business that is focused on servicing purpose-driven clients. With writing and visual communication as our main objectives, you will be immersed in the ins and outs of content marketing, social media, digital communications and inbound lead generation. The right fit for our organization is diligent, organized and has a combined love of writing and business with an eye for design. This is a fantastic opportunity for a self-starter interested in working with all facets of content and inbound marketing.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, creative team player with a “no job is too big or too small” mentality, who is eager to grow in a fast-paced, agency environment.
About the Role
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for creating and executing effective social media and digital content marketing campaigns, as well as optimizing visuals for each content platform. You will work alongside our full-service content team, playing an integral part in building and engaging our clients’ audiences, and developing and implementing effective communication that engages audiences and moves qualified leads through each client’s sales funnel.
We don’t have all the answers and we don’t expect you too, either. We do expect that you’ll show up ready to take initiative, self-educate, and have some fun along the way.
What You’ll Do
- Play an active role in the development and execution of high-quality inbound marketing campaigns for Yakkety Yak clients
- Generate written content for email marketing, social media campaigns, website projects and more
- Perform basic WordPress website content updates
- Schedule social media posts and review analytics with the team
- Flip graphics provided by the art director for various platforms and purposes
- Write and develop social media content and paid ads, as experience allows
- Research clients’ online presence to better understand their brand and vision
- Stay at the forefront of new and emerging trends and technologies to help inspire new client ideas
- Help schedule and coordinate with internal teams for meetings, projects and more
- Contribute innovative strategies in an effort to exceed clients’ revenue and expectations
- Stay organized and on top of deadlines
Yakkety Yak is a fast-paced, startup environment where marketing and editorial excellence is considered a core competency and employees are expected to continually improve upon this excellence. The ideal candidate for this position has the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework in communications, marketing or business or equivalent experience
- 1–2 years of marketing or agency experience
- HubSpot experience or similar lead generation platform preferred
- Background in writing and marketing, showcasing the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of a wide range of businesses across multiple types of content
- Experience working with brand content and/or ads on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram LinkedIn and Pinterest
- Basic knowledge of blogging, email marketing and SEO and SEM principles
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. Creativity is a must, but taking deadlines seriously is essential, so you have to be able to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to take your own initiative, own your work, but also work collaboratively with teammates in all departments of the agency
- Open to constructive feedback from the team
- HubSpot Content Marketing Training (to be completed after starting)
- Microsoft Office / Google Docs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel / Docs, Slides, Sheets)
- Extensive knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest
- Familiarity with email automation in platforms including Constant Contact and MailChimp
- Basic WordPress knowledge
What You’ll Love About Us
We believe in taking care of our team. Our market-leading benefits include:
- Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental, vision—and pet insurance! Staying happy and healthy is a top priority.
- Unlimited PTO. We work hard and deliver for our clients, but we also have families and lives outside the office.
- Market-leading parental leave policy. Who says you can’t grow your family while growing an agency.
- Competitive compensation. We’re looking for top talent.
- Loft-style office in West Loop Gate. Steps from Union Station, multiple CTA stops, and all that West Loop has to offer (We’re currently working remote, COVID-style).
About Yakkety Yak
Yakkety Yak is a full-service digital agency in growth mode. We fuse strategy and content production to craft high-impact stories for brands and businesses that care about doing good. Our full-service marketing team expertly combines multi-channel digital marketing to ignite empathy and inspire action. Curious, motivated, and inspired, we are building an environment where we can thrive together.
Yakkety Yak is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Yakkety Yak recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
- Upload a copy of your resume
- Include a cover letter outlining 3 reasons why you are a good fit for our team
- Submit a link to sample work or professional website, if available