Graphic Design Intern
Paid Graphic Design Internship
Yakkety Yak is seeking a graphic design intern to assist our growing team with day-to-day creative work in both digital and print. Working alongside our Art Director, your projects will range from creating social media graphics for the agency’s array of clients to designing custom marketing materials and templates. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, creative recent graduate who is eager to learn in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and contribute to the success and culture of a growing agency.
This is a paid, full-time internship with the opportunity to transition to a full-time employee after three months.
- Contribute to the innovative visual strategies of each client with the ultimate goal of delivering on deadline and exceeding expectations
- Assist in design production from initial concepts to the final design product
- Create graphics and design templates for clients’ social media campaigns
- Collaborate with Writers, Content Strategists and Art Director to make sure all assignments are on-brand and client deadlines are met
- Support company branding initiatives by creating digital and print graphic design elements
- Illustrate blog images
- Research clients’ online presence to better understand their brand and vision
- Incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Contribute ideas to drive the company forward
Yakkety Yak is a fast-paced, startup environment where marketing, design and editorial excellence is considered a core competency, and employees are expected to continually improve upon this excellence. The ideal candidate for this position must exhibit the following skills and competencies:
- A recent college graduate with a degree in art, graphic design or a related field
- Basic knowledge of graphic design principles
- Proficient knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Acrobat. (Premiere is a Plus)
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to take your own initiative, own your work, but also work collaboratively with teammates in all departments of the agency
- Open to constructive feedback from Senior Visual Strategist
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Background or experience in web design is preferred but not required
We believe in taking care of our team. Our market-leading benefits include:
- Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental, vision–and pet insurance! Staying happy and healthy is a top priority.
- Unlimited PTO. We work hard and deliver for our clients, but we also have families and lives outside the office.
- Roth IRA account with 3% match after 12 months. We’re planning for our futures.
- Market-leading parental leave policy. Who says you can’t grow your family while growing an agency.
- Competitive compensation. We’re looking for top talent.
- Loft-style office in West Loop Gate. Steps from Union Station, multiple CTA stops, and all that West Loop has to offer.
About Yakkety Yak
Yakkety Yak is a full-service digital agency in growth mode. We believe in making it easier for small business owners to connect with their ideal customers through creative, high-impact digital marketing. We are meticulous about our work, driven to excel, always reaching for new ideas, and professional in our approach. Curious, motivated, and inspired, we are building an environment where we can thrive together.
Yakkety Yak is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Yakkety Yak recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
- Upload a copy of your resume
- Include a cover letter outlining 5 reasons why you are a good fit for our team
- Submit a link to recent articles, sample work product or professional website