Front End Developer
Do you love bringing beautiful ideas to life? Are you a stickler for the details who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Are you inspired to solve problems and help companies grow? If so, then you could be exactly who we’re looking for.
As a Yakkety Yak Web Developer, you will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development for client website projects. You have a strong understanding of the WordPress ecosystem, the latest industry trends and content management systems, and you are always looking for the next big idea. We don’t have all the answers and we don’t expect you too, either. We do expect that you’ll show up ready to take initiative, self-educate, and have some fun along the way.
What You’ll Do
- Build customized web, desktop and mobile front-end applications
- Design and implement new features and functionality primarily in WordPress but also in Squarespace, HubSpot, MailChimp and Pardot
- Work closely with our creative team and clients to establish and guide the website’s architecture
- Populate site architecture with creative design elements
- Ensure websites are optimized for high performance and client goals
- Help formulate an effective, responsive design and turn it into a working theme and plugin
- Handle website testing, QA, technical updates and basic maintenance of multiple client websites
- Support the graphics team in generic design projects as needed
What We’re Looking for in You
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Experience building user interfaces for responsive design websites and web applications
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Understanding of CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of interactions with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Working knowledge of domain and hosting setup
- Comfortable working with plugins
- Willingness to learn new programs and technology such as Pardot and HubSpot
What You’ll Love About Us
We believe in taking care of our team. Our market-leading benefits include:
- Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental, vision—and pet insurance! Staying happy and healthy is a top priority.
- Unlimited PTO. We work hard and deliver for our clients, but we also have families and lives outside the office.
- Market-leading parental leave policy. Who says you can’t grow your family while growing an agency.
- Competitive compensation. We’re looking for top talent.
- Loft-style office in West Loop Gate. Steps from Union Station, multiple CTA stops, and all that West Loop has to offer.
About Yakkety Yak
Yakkety Yak is a full-service digital agency in growth mode. We believe in making it easier for small business owners to connect with their ideal customers through creative, high-impact digital marketing. We are meticulous about our work, driven to excel, always reaching for new ideas, and professional in our approach. Curious, motivated, and inspired, we are building an environment where we can thrive together.
Yakkety Yak is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Yakkety Yak recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
- Upload a copy of your resume
- Include a cover letter outlining 5 reasons why you are a good fit for our team
- Submit a link to recent sample work or professional website