Yakkety Yak is one of Chicago’s fastest-growing Content Marketing Agencies, and we’re looking for an outgoing, experienced and creative content enthusiast to join our team as Content Editor. Based in Chicago’s West Loop, we are offering the right candidate the chance to work for a dynamic business in an exciting industry that is constantly evolving.
Candidates must have a knack and love for writing, a comprehensive understanding of content, and experience writing and editing compelling copy and blog posts that achieve business goals. Can you say voice and tone, anyone? Content initiatives include editing copy for blogs, social media, websites, marketing materials and newsletters. Content Editor will also participate in video and multimedia initiatives.
The Content Editor will work in conjunction with the content team and account manager. The ideal candidate has worked in an Agency setting, has 3-5 years of experience, an aptitude for writing, and a BS in English, Communication, or Journalism.
What You’ll Do
- Edit blog posts and premium content from freelance contributors and staff writers across multiple client accounts
- Review email, website, blog and social media content for grammar and accuracy
- Manage contributors and writers by assigning storylines and deadlines, providing editorial guidelines, and requesting revisions when needed
- Contribute to long-form content projects such as case studies, email marketing campaigns and other premium content
- Edit social media and email newsletter copy as well as provide feedback on visuals/graphics for industry and company-specific tone, voice, and brand across multiple client accounts
- Contribute to and maintain an editorial calendar that seeks to improve blog strategies/tactics across multiple client accounts and meet that calendar’s deadline
- Optimize content for SEO
- Manage CMS on HubSpot, WordPress or Squarespace
The ideal candidate for this position has the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework (journalism, communications, English, marketing)
- A background of writing and editing, showcasing the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of a wide range of businesses across multiple types of content
- Experience editing social media content to make it shine
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects from multiple clients with many moving parts
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently, manage a team of writers, and manage projects from multiple clients with many moving parts
- Confront any hurdles with a calm, positive mindset and a sense of confidence
- Ability to find creative, unorthodox solutions without close supervision
- Hubspot Inbound Certification (upon start date)
- Experience creating engaging content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest
- Understanding of SEO and how to write search-worthy content
- WordPress and Squarespace knowledge
- Email automation in platforms including Constant Contact, MailChimp and HubSpot
What You Will Love About Us
We believe in taking care of our team. Our market-leading benefits include:
- Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental, vision–and pet insurance! Staying happy and healthy is a top priority.
- Unlimited PTO. We work hard and deliver for our clients, but we also have families and lives outside the office.
- Roth IRA account with 3% match after 12 months. We’re planning for our futures.
- Market-leading parental leave policy. Who says you can’t grow your family while growing an agency.
- Competitive compensation. We’re looking for top talent.
- Loft-style office in West Loop Gate. Steps from Union Station, multiple CTA stops, and all that West Loop has to offer.
About Yakkety Yak
Yakkety Yak is a full-service digital agency in growth mode. We believe in making it easier for small business owners to connect with their ideal customers through creative, high-impact digital marketing. We are meticulous about our work, driven to excel, always reaching for new ideas, and professional in our approach. Curious, motivated, and inspired, we are building an environment where we can thrive together.
Yakkety Yak is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Yakkety Yak recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
- Upload a copy of your resume
- Include a cover letter outlining 5 reasons why you are a good fit for our team
- Submit a link to recent articles, sample work product or professional website