Yakkety Yak is looking for a market-leading Account Manager to lead our clients to new strategic heights. Are you a show-runner who loves rolling up your sleeves and tackling real business problems? Are you a business-savvy doer with a creative eye and a deep understanding of the digital ecosystem? Are you a builder who thrives on becoming a key player on a high-growth team?
If so, this is your dream job.
As a Yakkety Yak Account Manager you will be responsible for managing client relationships, creating and executing effective brand strategies and marketing campaigns, leading campaign development, analyzing the effectiveness of each campaign and leading a team of kick-ass content producers. As the owner of your client portfolio, you will inspire confidence and act as trusted counsel to each of your clients. You will also work across our internal departments to represent the voice of the client and ensure that world-class project deliverables are delivered on time and on budget. And as a big thinker with the grit to get things done, you’re an all-around awesome human being who will play an integral part in our clients’ growth—and in the overall success of Yakkety Yak.
What You’ll Do
- Upholding our company’s values of curious, accountable, authentic, committed and kind.
- Manage day-to-day client relationships within your portfolio
- Earn the trust of both clients and internal teams through clear, crisp communication and a deep understanding of the needs from both sides
- Lead regular client meetings and phone calls and maintain a high level of client visibility. Occasionally deliver executive boardroom presentations
- Flex creative muscle across multiple deliverables, including social media, website content, videos, email and more!
- Share client feedback to ensure internal cross-functional teams are delivering work aligned with the client’s objectives and expectations
- Understand the ins and outs of your clients’ businesses to craft and execute smart, effective strategies
- Own client budgets, delivery, resources and general problem-solving badassery
- Oversee creative content development to ensure that all work product aligns with brand strategy and client goals
- Manage in-house contributors (content strategists and designers) and freelance resources by assigning storylines and deadlines, providing editorial guidelines and requesting revisions when needed
- Work with clients to define goals and corresponding KPIs, and communicate these to internal team
- Identify and capitalize on upsell opportunities within your client portfolio
What We’re Looking For In You
- 7-10 years of client management experience
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework in communications, marketing or business or equivalent experience
- Experience working with healthcare, nonprofit organizations and startups would be great
- Experience with global campaign ideation and execution strongly preferred
- Experience working across cross-functional teams to deliver world-class work
- Experience formulating and presenting strategies to management teams and executives
- An adept communicator at ease translating technical ideas to non-technical professionals
- Decisive, tenacious self-starter who loves solving problems
- Strong sense of ownership–when it comes to client deliverables, the buck stops with you
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. Creativity is a must, but taking deadlines seriously is essential, so you must be able to work under pressure.
- Eagerness to develop new guidelines to support the long-term growth of the organization.
- Ability to confront hurdles with positivity and poise.
- HubSpot Content Marketing Training (to be completed after starting)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, G Suite, and Keynote
- Extensive knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest
- Working knowledge of WordPress CMS
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Ads
What You Will Love About Us
We believe in taking care of our team. Our market-leading benefits include:
- Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental, vision–and pet insurance! Staying happy and healthy is a top priority.
- Unlimited PTO. We work hard and deliver for our clients, but we also have families and lives outside the office.
- Market-leading parental leave policy. Who says you can’t grow your family while growing an agency.
- Competitive compensation. We’re looking for top talent.
- Loft-style office in West Loop Gate. Steps from Union Station, multiple CTA stops, and all that West Loop has to offer.
About Yakkety Yak
Yakkety Yak is a full-service digital agency in growth mode. We believe in making it easier for small business owners to connect with their ideal customers through creative, high-impact digital marketing. We are meticulous about our work, driven to excel, always reaching for new ideas, and professional in our approach. Curious, motivated, and inspired, we are building an environment where we can thrive together.
Yakkety Yak is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Yakkety Yak recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
- Upload a copy of your resume
- Include a cover letter outlining 5 reasons why you are a good fit for our team