JOIN THE YAK PACK
Yakkety Yak is a Creative Content Marketing Agency in Chicago’s West Loop, and we’re looking for bright, creative enthusiasts to join an elite digital marketing training program. This is a fantastic paid opportunity for recent graduates to gain agency experience in a startup environment.
Creativity is our jam. We're looking for sharp eyes and bright minds to assist with our bread and butter content *and* to develop eye-catching marketing materials for a Chicagoland nonprofit that is women-owned and (or) women-benefited, as part of our annual internship program that kicks off in September and continues through May.
We are looking for candidates with the following expertise:
- Graphic Design
- Content Writing and Editing
- Account Management and Communication
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
In order to provide trainees with real-time marketing experience, chosen candidates will work alongside a local nonprofit organization to design, develop and implement a full-service marketing strategy. Working as a team, tasks will include website development, branding, social media content, blog content, communication strategy and more. This is an unprecedented opportunity to participate in a full service campaign, in addition to working on other Yakkety Yak projects.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Yakkety Yak was founded back in 2012, with a simple mission: make it easier for businesses and brands to reach their ideal customers through creative and smart communication. As a female-led business, we want to use our professional experience and expertise to make a difference in the local community, particularly, women and girls who need support in their professional and personal lives.
As the Yak Pack, we’re a hard-working and thoughtful creative team that delivers eye-catching content and reporting to help businesses get noticed. We’re firm believers in the powers of teamwork, so we work closely with all departments to ensure everything that leaves our doors (and inboxes) is grade-A marketing material.
An added bonus: Conveniently nestled in Chicago’s West Loop, YY HQ is just blocks away from a plethora of Chicago’s best patios and restaurants (think: Au Cheval, Parlor Pizza Bar and Green Street Smoked Meats), two blocks from Union Station, and a short walk from the Clinton and Quincy CTA stations and the Chicago River.
Please apply if …
- You believe that teamwork makes the dream work.
- You’re passionate about giving back to the community.
- You take a creative approach to problem-solving.
- You own your role and use it to advocate for your clients.
- You believe that no task is too big or too small.
- You communicate openly and clearly.
- You’re a recent graduate.
It won’t work out if …
- You’re just looking for a paycheck.
- You’re not willing to step outside your comfort zone.
- You’re not open to feedback. (We’re constantly looking for ways to grow and improve.)
- You’d rather solve a problem on your own.
- You’d rather be perfect and late than good and on time.