Set up a business Pinterest account and watch your traffic soar
Pinterest is an extremely powerful platform to help drive traffic and attention to your business. With the supported business account platform, Pinterest provides you with the capabilities to easily manage your content and engage followers, old and new. Given Pinterest’s evergreen nature, the platform can drive massive amounts of traffic to your website from updates you sent months ago. This means less work on your end, and more benefit for the reach of your brand.
5 ways to boost your content on Pinterest:
- Understand the visual requirements. One look at Pinterest and you will see it’s a visual-centric platform. The visual elements create appeal and attract attention. Not only do your visuals need to be aesthetically pleasing, but they need to call for a click, a repin, and drive curiosity for the pinner to go to your website to read more. Create a strong graphic, with or without words, that pique curiosity and drive pinners to take the action you so desire. Yakkety Yak Tip: Create visuals and content that you can easily categorize within each of your boards. Infographics are a great way of creating informative content. Canva, a graphic developer, has a standardized Pinterest template that we love. Give it a try!
- Pin your evergreen content. Evergreen means that your content is timeless. In a few months or years, someone could stumble upon a blog post and it will still be applicable and useful to them in the present moment. With the ease of others repinning and sharing your content, you can see a major uptick in traffic coming from a post you pinned a year ago, so take advantage of that by creating useful content with a long shelf life. Yakkety Yak Tip: Create content that appeals to a wide variety of users and isn’t limited to one event or day. If you do use Pinterest for giveaways, make sure to delete them once it’s completed or direct viewers to another opportunity.
- Optimize your pins. There are several tactics that “professional pinners” use to get their pins seen and shared, from taking advantage of keywords to optimizing for SEO, to including CTAs in each description. Another great tactic is to pin between 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 8:00p.m. to 1:00 a.m., all Eastern time. Yakkety Yak Tip: Add keywords to pin titles, pin descriptions and image titles so that your pins are searchable and timeless. The more people who find and repin your post, the more exposure it will receive.
- Engage with your followers. Just like all the other social networking platforms, engaging with the community that you are building shows that you are committed, credible, and a real person. Reply to comments, repin or comment on their pins, and follow them back. Grow your followers by researching the followers of popular pinners in the same business or industry as you. Engage with their boards to get your name seen and begin engaging with some of their followers. Yakkety Yak Tip: Contribute to community boards–you can find these and send the administrator an email to be invited–and start sharing your posts to larger communities.
- Get down with analytics. As any content marketing firm would be, we are wildly impressed with Pinterest’s analytics platform. You can learn so much about the followers you are attracting, what their interests are, what other brands they follow, basic demographics, and what pins of yours they love most. Learn from this information to continuously improve your Pinterest performance.
Pinterest is one of our favorite social media platforms, from the visual appeal to the data they provide, it’s a fantastic option for marketing your business and growing a loyal audience. Don’t have time to promote your website and manage a Pinterest account? That’s okay, we do! Yakkety Yak is a content marketing firm dedicated to helping small businesses create a content marketing strategy that is personal, professional, and social. Contact us for a quote.